Research Infosource Inc.: October 2015
- Eighth in Canada’s Top 50 Research Universities 2015, bringing in $310.6 million in sponsored research income in 2014.
- First in the country for total corporate research income
($588.7 million) and total corporate research income as a percentage of total university income (35.1 per cent).
- Research intensity of more than $339,500 per full-time faculty member, nearly double the national average. (“Research intensity” measures research income per full-time faculty member.)
Maclean’s University Rankings: October 2015
- Sixth among 15 peers in the “medical-doctoral” category for the sixth year in a row.
- Fifth among 49 across the country for overall reputation, up from sixth last year.
McMaster has been ranked among Canada’s top universities when it comes to graduate employability according to Times Higher Education’s Global Employability University Ranking which surveyed thousands of international recruiters and managing directors across 20 countries.
Employment rates for McMaster Social Sciences graduates are 89.6% six months after graduation. That is 3.9% higher that the national average for Social Sciences graduates.
Shanghai Jiaotong University Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU): August 2016
- One of only four Canadian universities ranked in the top 100 in the world.
- McMaster is #83 in 2016.
- McMaster has been consistently ranked in the top 100 since 2003, when the ARWU was first published.
- In the Social Sciences category, McMaster is ranked second in Ontario.
QS World University Rankings: September 2016
- McMaster is #149 in 2016.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings: September 2016
McMaster is #113 in the 2016-17 results announced on September 30, 2016.
National Taiwan University: Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities: October 2015
- McMaster is #111 in the world (up from #115 in 2015 and #116 in 2014) and sixth in Canada.
- 68th in the world and fourth in Canada in the “Social Sciences” category.
- Announced annually since 2007, this ranking system is based on research productivity, impact and excellence.
Global Employability University Rankings: November 2015
- McMaster is #86 in the world and fifth in Canada.
- Based on responses from 2,500 recruiters in 20 countries, who were asked which of their local universities produced the best graduates.
Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) — The Top 1,000: July 2016
- McMaster is #135 in the world (of the top 1,000 universities) and sixth in Canada.
- “The Center for World University Rankings publishes the only global university performance tables that measure the quality of education and training of students as well as the prestige of the faculty members and the quality of their research without relying on surveys and university data submissions.”