Aug 22, 2016
"Indigenous Students and Studies Social"
Monday August 29th 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Mingle with your fellow Indigenous / Indigenous studies students and meet Indigenous staff and faculty from all over campus, while enjoying a nice meal and some tunes! Community welcome.
"Cooking with Josh Dockstator"
Wednesday August 31 3:30 - 6:30
- Get to know your Indigenous student counsellor through an informal traditional cooking class where we will make smoked trout chowder, venison stew, and (of course) bannock!
Friday September 2nd 10:15am - 5:45pm
- Join us for a medicine hike and medicine bag making at Five Oaks Education and Retreat Centre. A bus will pick up students at 10:15am from McMaster University Student Centre, and bring them back after the trip.
"Canoeing on the Grand"
Saturday September 3rd 11:00am - 5:45pm
- Come canoe on Haudenosaunee territory and learn some Mohawk social dances to try out at the Indigenous Studies Program's Winter and Spring socials! A bus will pick up students at 11:00am from McMaster University Student Centre, and bring them back after the trip.
'Twas the Night BeFire Classes"
Monday September 5th 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- That's no typo folks! We will be having a BONFIRE at the ALTITUDE fire pit located behind Ivor Wynne Stadium at the Rugby Fields. Enjoy s'mores, socialize with new and returning friends, bring any questions for upper years! Community
**Please e-mail us at email@example.com to register for any/all of the above events! Send us your full name, and student number for pickup/ drop off locations**