University Hookup Culture in the Digital Age
- Sociology of Gender
- Political Sociology
- Social Movements
- Ph.D. Sociology. In Progress. McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- Supervisory Committee: Tina Fetner (Chair), Melanie Heath, and Marisa Young
- M.A. Sociology. 2014. University of Guelph, Guelph, ON
- B.A. Sociology and English. 2012. Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, ON
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Fall 2016: Sociology of Sexualities, Tina Fetner, McMaster University
Winter 2016: Sociology of Sexualities, Melanie Heath, McMaster University
Fall 2015: Sociology of Sexualities, Randal Schnoor, McMaster University
Fall 2014-Winter 2015: Sociology of Families, Sandra Colavecchia, McMaster University
Winter 2014: Qualitative Methods, Jennifer Long, University of Guelph
Fall 2013: Gender Perspectives on Families, Kerry Preibisch, University of Guelph
Winter 2013: The Sociology of Welfare in Canada, Julia Woodhall-Melnik, University of Guelph
Fall 2012: Introduction to Sociology, Linda Gerber, University of Guelph
2015 “Pedagogy and Propriety: A Gendered Analysis of Children’s Fairytales.” Presented at the Children, Childhood and Youth: Intersections and Inequalities section at Canadian Sociological Association in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Article will be published as a chapter in The Sociology of Childhood and Youth Studies in Canada: Categories, Inequalities, Engagement in 2017
2015 “Gendering Interaction Rituals: Filtering Randall Collins Theory of Interaction
Rituals through a Third-Wave Feminist Theoretical Perspective.” Presented at the Feminisms Today and Contemporary Spaces section at Canadian Sociological Association in Ottawa, Ontario.
2015 “Pedagogy and Propriety: A Sociological Analysis of Gendered Discourses in Early Children’s Fairytales.” Presented at the Jane Synge Conference at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario.