Department of Political Science
School of Labour Studies
Areas of Research Interest
Automotive Policy Research Centre (APRC): http://aprc.mcmaster.ca/
- Union Renewal in the Anglo-American democracies
- Union Organizing in Canada and the impact of membership recruitment on union strategy and diversity
- Political Interest Intermediation: political economy of political parties and interest groups; organized labour and the state.
- Globalization and Social Cohesion amongst workers: How global economic forces and changes filter through to impact on workers and their communities.
- Expert Source on Canadian Autoworkers, General Motors - Canada, for Financial Post, Wall Street Journal, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, CBC News World (TV), CHCH - Hamilton, Canadian Labour, Windsor Star, Hamilton Spectator, Southham News, Business Week, The National, TVO, CBC News (Radio).
- Member of Community group involved in 'fair employment, living wage' campaign. Email for more information.