The time required for these committees is small, but the benefits are great!
Taking part in a School or University Committee is a great way to influence future policy and course curriculum. It also looks great on a resume!
For more information on these committees, or to sign up as a “Student Representative”
Visit the School of Social Work Office in Kenneth Taylor Hall (KTH), Room 319 or contact:
Ann Fudge Schormans – Kenneth Taylor Hall (KTH), Room 309A, ext. 23790
Darlene Savoy –Kenneth Taylor Hall (KTH), Room 319, ext. 24596
Graduate Studies Committee
- Meets monthly in term time.
- 1 – MSW Student Rep needed
- 1 – PhD Student Rep needed
Graduate Admissions Readers
- 1 meeting in December - then assess files
- 8 – Readers to assess MSW applications
- 3 – Readers to assess PhD & Graduate Diploma applications
Anti-Oppression Education Committee
- Meets at least once a term.
- Representatives of Circle of Indigenous Social Work Action, Disability Action Group, MAD Students Society, Queer & Trans, United in Colour, and other groups that form in the School and wish to take part.
Graduate Curriculum & Policy Committee
Meets twice during term time
1 Graduate Student Rep is needed
- Meets twice ( in Spring & Fall)
- 1 Graduate Student Rep is needed