Social Sciences Co-op
The Faculty of Social Sciences is introducing new co-op program options, available to current Level I students due to select a Level II program in Spring 2023.
Each co-operative education (co-op) program option involves full-time ‘work terms’ added into the structure of an academic program. Typically students will alternate between normal academic and work terms. Students will benefit from the skills and insights they’ll learn, develop and apply as they switch between the classroom and workplace experiences.
Three co-op program options are now available:
- Economics Co-op (Honours BA)
- Work and Labour Studies Co-op (Honours BA)
- Political Science Co-op (Honours BA)
Social Sciences co-op Info Webinars and In-Person Sessions
Level I students interested in learning more about McMaster’s new Social Sciences Co-op program options are invited to attend upcoming information sessions:
- Thursday, March 2nd at 11:00AM EST – Online via Zoom Webinar: Register Here
- Friday, March 3rd at 3:00PM EST – Online via Zoom Webinar: Register Here
- Thursday, March 9th at 11:00AM EST – Online via Zoom Webinar: Register Here
- Tuesday, March 21st at 1:30PM EST – In Person in L.R. Wilson Hall 5001: Drop-In
Interested in Social Sciences Co-op?
Find out how co-op works, view more information on work terms and explore frequently asked questions.
View admission requirements, learn how to apply and about the interview process.
While the introduction of co-op is beginning with the three programs options above, all students in the Faculty of Social Sciences are eligible for paid elective internships and are supported with career advising and experiential opportunities.