Published Works of Adam Smith
1. The Theory of Moral Sentiments (London, A. Millar, Edinburgh, A. Kincaid & J. Bell, 1759) second edition, revised 1761, third edition, enlarged as The Theory of Moral Sentiments, To which is added A Dissertation on the Origin of Languages (London, A. Millar, Edinburgh, A. Kincaid, & A. Bell, 1767) fourth edition (London, W. Strahan, J. & F. Rivington, T. Longman and T. Cadell, Edinburgh, W. Creech, 1774) fifth edition 1781, sixth edition considerably enlarged and corrected, 2 volumes (London, A. Strahan & A. Cadell, Edinburgh, W. Creech & J. Bell, 1790).
2. An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations, 2 volume (London, W. Strahan & T. Cadell, 1776) second edition, revised, 1778, third edition with "Additions and Corrections, 3 volumes (London, A. Strahan & T. Cadell, 1784), fourth addition (London, A. Strahan & T. Cadell, 1786), fifth edition, 1789 (Philadelphia, Thomas Dobson, 1789).
3. Essays on Philosophical Subjects to which is prefixed An Account of the Life and Writings of the Author, by Dugald Stewart, edited by Joseph Black and James Hutton (London, T.Cadell, jr., Edinburgh, W. Davies & W. Creech, 1795)
4. The Works of Adam Smith. With an Account of his Life and Writings by Dugald Stewart, 5 volumes (London, T. Cadell, Edinburgh, W. Davies & W. Creech, Edinburgh, 1811-1812).
5. Lectures on Justice, Police, Revenue and Arms, Delivered in the University of Glasgow by Adam Smith, reported by a student in 1763, edited by Edwin Cannan (Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1896).
6. Lectures on Rhetoric and Belles Lettres delivered in the University of Glasgow by Adam Smith, Reported by a student in 1762-63, edited by John M. Lothian (London, Nelson, 1963)
7. The Glasgow Edition of the Works and Correspondence of Adam Smith, 7 volumes, edited by A.S. Skinner and others (Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1976-1987).