1. "What Can Ontarians expect from Electoral reform: Forecasting the Consequences for Women and Ethnic Minorities: Forthcoming September 8, 2007. Electoral Reform Information Forum.
2. “The Political Representation of Visible Minorities in Electoral Democracies: A Comparison of France, Denmark and Canada.” Nationalism and Ethnic Politics 11: 4 (Winter 2005), pp 425-465.
3.“Who are the women? Where are the women? And what difference can they make? The effects of Gender Parity in French municipal elections.” French Politics 1:1 (March 2003), pp 5-38. Reprinted in Deborah L. Rhode and Carol Sanger (eds.), Gender and Rights (Aldershot, UK: Ashgate, 2005), pp 589-622.
4. "Patterns of Substantive Representation Among Visible Minority MPs: Evidence from Canada’s House of Commons" Prepared for the ECPR Joint Sessions of Workshops, Helsinki, May 7 - 12, 2007. Workshop 21: Migration and Representation in Parliamentary Democracies
5. Brooke Thomas "Unequal Votes: the Malapportionment of Canadian Minorities" 2006 Annual Meeting of the Canadian Political Science Association, June 1-3 2006.
6. "Many Faces, Few Places. The Political Under-representation of Ethnic Minorities and Women in the City of Hamilton" in Caroline Andrew, John Biles, Myer Siemiatycki, and Erin Tolley (eds.), Electing a Diverse Canada (Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press, Forthcoming: 2007).