Research Institute for Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population
Ordering MEDS (Models of the Economic-Demographic System)
A Windows-based version of the MEDS software is
available for making projections and/or doing simulations of the Canadian
population and macroeconomy.
PMEDS-D is designed for use in projecting the population, labour force,
and number of households for Canada, all provinces, and the territories.
MEDS-E is designed for use in projecting Canadian macro-economic
aggregates, and especially in assessing the medium- to longer-term impact
of demographic change.
Main Features --
- "standard", "high growth", and "slow growth" population projections are
- easy to explore the implications of user-specified alternative
assumptions about future changes in fertility, mortality, and migration
- extensive selection of tabular output available
- users can input newly available data
- year-by-year projections, extending as far as 2051
The prices of the software, including users' manuals, are as follows:
- PMEDS-D alone .................... $50.00
- PMEDS-D and MEDS-E ....... $75.00
Purchases are tax exempt (PST,GST); GST registration number R119 035 988.
How to Order --
- Institutions --
- FAX orders accepted from institutions.
- Send Purchase Order numbers by --
- FAX: to 905-521-8232, Attention: Secretary,
QSEP Research Institute
- Personal orders --
- Make money orders or cheques (in Canadian funds drawn on a Canadian
bank) payable to: McMaster University
- Send orders with payment to:
Secretary, QSEP Research Institute
McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West
Kenneth Taylor Hall, Room 426
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S 4M4
- More information --
Last updated: July 12, 2004.
return to QSEP HomePage