Changing your Program

Young latin american students leaving the university campus after a day of class
Friends gathered on steps to chat using tablet for video call

Changing Your Program

Are you looking to change your program? Changing your program can mean: 
  • To a different plan/major.
  • From a BA to an Honours program, or vice versa.
  • From a Single Honours program to a Combined Honours program, or vice versa.

How To Change Your Program

If you wish to change your program in Social Sciences, first make sure you qualify by checking the admission requirements of the program in question. You can find program admission requirements in the current Undergraduate Calendar.


It is always recommended that students first discuss a program change with an advisor to ensure admission requirements are met and review the program requirements.


If you wish to switch to a program in a different faculty, you need to be in contact with that faculty office to discuss requirements and the process for changing.



How to Apply for a Program Change

Depending on the time of year, there are different methods to request a program change.


During April, students can use the Program/Plan Selection Tool in Mosaic to request a program change.


  • In your Student Centre, click ‘My Academics’.
  • Choose the Program/Plan Selection option.
  • Input your new program choice for consideration.


Program requests will be reviewed during the month of May, and in June students can check under ‘My Academics’ again to view their program.


At any other time of the year, students need to use the Service Request function under ‘other academic’ in the Student Centre. Note this should be used only if you have already qualified for your program in a previous academic year. If you are using the current academic year to qualify, wait until April and use the Program/Plan tool noted above.

Level I students seeking to enter a Level II program should refer to How to Apply to a Level II Program page.


How to Submit a Program Change Request

Log into MOSAIC – Student Center” – Academics – “My Academics” – “View my service requests”  – “Create New Request” – “Undergraduate Student Requests” –  “Program Change” (click “next”) – indicate in the comment section which program you would like to transfer to (see below for example):

i.e. “I would like to transfer to Honours __________ or BA  ___________”
Important: Make sure to indicate “Honours” or “BA” beside your desired major.

Check the status of your service request by returning to View my service requests, as indicated above.
Note: For students seeking to change programs in order to graduate, such as moving from an Honours program to a 3 year BA program, once you have consulted with your Academic Advisor to determine if this is an option, you may submit a service request, but instead of a “Program Change” request submit a “Program Change to Allow for Graduation” request.